Thursday 9 October 2014

Video Post! a.k.a The One with the Panda

Celebrating the reprint of Lifters/Cracked Pins this week - coming to Etsy tomorrow! Plus a little exploration of trying to capture realistic humour in characters.

This is something I've had to grasp throughout getting a handle on my Autism - originally, my humour was very exaggerated and often laboured, but by focusing on what was said and done around me that made me laugh, rather than the humour in literature or on TV (which has already been recreated), I was able to capture how to make my characters hold organic jokes or awkward moments between each other.

And hey, a lot of it was also picking up the awkward moments I had that made people laugh the most - and stopping myself from being too embarrassed by putting it into stories!

I hope this vlog post explains all of that in a far less wordy way...!

No comments: